Big Blue Button is a web-conferencing environment with features that teachers, trainers, and learners all find easy to use.
Big Blue Button features are comparable with the high-end expensive commercial products such as Adobe Connect, Cisco WebEx, and Blackboard Collaborate, but at a fraction of the cost, and without the proprietary licensing and lock-in.
And unlike these systems with often require users to download Java, Big Blue Button "just works" with any modern browser.
- Present, Draw, Record and much more !
- As moderator, you control the audio of all users and you can make anyone presenter.
- The built-in whiteboard tools allow you to zoom, highlight, and annotate (draw and write) on your presentation to make your points clear to remote students.
- Multiple users can share their webcams, thereby giving on-line tutoring, small group collaboration, and distance education a personal touch.
- Participants can change their layout to emphasize the presentation, chat or video windows - whatever makes the most sense and enhances learning.
- You can chat with everyone in the class, or have a private one-to-one chat.
- Big Blue Button even records the sessions for later playback - for revision - or for those who missed the live session.
Even more importantly, we can integrate Big Blue Button within your Moodle environment to:
- Teachers can schedule BBB sessions - which show up in the Calendar within the course.
- Adding a BBB web-conference is just like adding any other activity in Moodle such as an Assignment or Quiz.
- Recording are automatically linked to the activity for playback later.
- No need for Teachers or Students to use an additional login - if you are a Teacher or Student in the course the permissions for the BBB conference rooms are automatic.
Contact helpdesk[AT]hrdnz.com for more details, or to arrange a live web-conference demonstration.